Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Happy New Year Friends!

My friends, I truly thank God that I'm still  alive. We have faced so many challenges this year, but with the help of the Lord, we weathered the storms. At some points, it felt like 2020 would NEVER end, but now, here we are rapidly approaching 2021. 

Is it just me or does it feel like time has sped up? Of course, I know that it hasn't, but the fact is that time is ALWAYS moving, so it's critical that we use it wisely and not take it for granted. It's almost time for us to put 2020 in our rear view and start looking forward. 

As we prepare to enter into a new year, my prayer for myself and each of you is that the Lord will help us with the difficult situations that will surely come in our lives. I hate to be the one to break the news, but when the clock strikes 12:00 on January 1st, all the problems of 2020 aren't just going to go away. So I also pray that the Lord helps us make changes where they are needed and that He helps us to move ahead in new hope and let go of past failures and disappointments. I pray that He helps us to become the people He would have us to be. We don't know what the future holds, but we do know who holds the future. So while things in the future may be uncertain; we know the one who holds the future will always remain constant.

Jesus, may your abiding love give us strength to carry out Your dreams for our lives and may You lead us into new avenues of possibilities and compassion that reaches out to others. As we trust, pray, and rest in the Lord in 2021, let's stay focused on the word that tells us, "So we do not look at what we can see right now, the troubles all around us, but we look forward to the joys in heaven which we have not yet seen. The troubles will soon be over, but the joys to come will last forever" (II Corinthians 4:8, TLB).

Praise God and Happy New Year!

With all that said, let the Church say Amen... and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment