Wednesday, January 15, 2020

I'm Divorced and I Think You Should be Too!

Divorce: separation, split

I got a divorce and my divorce was final on December 31, 2019 - at midnight, to be exact. You might be surprised to read that I'm so excited about it and I thank God for it. No need to call and check on my husband - he's fine and he's stuck with me! Instead, I divorced my past in 2019. I divorced my doubts, my setbacks; I divorced negative and nasty people, worry, cancer, lack, disgust, depression and situations that I can't change, and people I've tried to change - it's officially over and done with. In my new relationship, I have custody of my anger, my attitude and my unfaithfulness AND since I have custody (i.e. control) of them I do not have to allow them to spew out on other people as I've done in the past!

Fortunately, the Judge granted me full custody of my destiny, my calling, and my new life. And I'm happy to announce that I'm engaged - to my bright new future in 2020! In this new relationship I'm putting things in prospective by doing exactly as Matthew 6:33 tells us, "seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." You see, the Lord knows everything that I need, so I'm putting Him first and He will perform His promises to me. Need more proof? Psalms 37:4 says; "Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

In this new relationship the Lord wants us to step forward, plant our feet on solid ground, and look straight ahead into the face of our impossibilities and believe in Him, because with Him all things are possible. In 2020 we cannot allow anyone to cause us to turn back to that past we divorced. Remember - we got custody of our new life - so let's be strong, let's be courageous, and let's move in obedience. We must listen to His voice and step out and start moving forward with our bright new future!

I thank the Lord for my new outlook on life. Why don't you divorce 2019, so that you will be relieved of the past. Lord, for this new year and this new opportunity we love, adore and appreciate You.

With all that said, let the Church say Amen and... AMEN!

1 comment:

  1. Amen, I totally agree. It's time for a new me. I love the spin that you put on divorce. I'm serving notice. Thank you for a new outlook!

    ReplyDelete