Wednesday, October 9, 2019

We Need Mercy, Not Judging!

Mercy: compassion shown to an offender
Judging: to form an authoritative opinion

We are creatures of habit - we love forming an opinion, regardless of whether we are right or wrong. Most of the time we assume that we know what’s going on based on what the situation looks like, regardless of what really might be going on. Fortunately for us, that's not God’s way - His way is to show love and compassion one toward another.

The word says in Romans 7:18-19: "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do." If we were to be honest with ourselves, we would easily see that we are all like those two scriptures.

None of us are perfect - no one is - so instead of forming an opinion (especially when you have no idea of what’s really going on), try having some compassion. Compassion on the ones you feel have offended you and on people in general, because most of us are like Paul - we all want to do good, but we don’t always succeed - so we need some mercy and not to be judged.

God had mercy on us (and continues to have), if He had truly judged us - none of us would be here today! He realizes that we need much mercy. Think about Joseph. His brothers put him into a pit AND he was sold into slavery - yet when they came to him for food because there was a famine in the land, he didn't judge them. Instead, he had mercy on them and feed them until the famine was over.

Don't condemn or judge, just show mercy to all mankind.

With all that said, let the church say Amen...and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment