Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Speaking God's Promises Back to Him!

Speaking: to utter words; to express a thought in words.
Words: a comment, an order or command.

It is so important that we speak God’s word back to Him. God gave us His promises and He wants us to use them. The word says in Isaiah 55:11, "So shall my words be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I send it." Remember, "God is not a man that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?” Numbers 23:19. It's all up to us, my friends, to believe what God has promised.

When we go through our storms in life - and they are surely going to come - if we don't have the words stored on the inside of us, just pick up your bible; find the scriptures that fit your situation and pray them back to the Lord. For instance, when I was diagnosed with three different types of cancer, I found one of God promises, I typed it out, and I put it on my computer at work where I could see it every day. Each and every day I continually reminded Him of what He said. John 15:7 says; "If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." God's word could not return to Him void, it had to accomplish what He promised - and it did - I've been cancer-free for many years now!

Have you ever said to your child; "if you finish your dinner, I'll give you a special treat" and then mess around and get busy? I'm sure if that's happened to you, your child probably hunted you down and say "mom/dad, you said I could have a special treat when I finished my dinner!" Do we not hasten to perform/fulfill our promise? Yes, we do, because we said we would. It's the same way with our Heavenly Father - when He hears His word, He hastens to perform it!

We don't have to worry about His word ever becoming old or obsolete, because as Isaiah 40:8 informs us, "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth; but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I can't express it enough, friends - Jesus loves us and He wants to show Himself strong in our lives.

With all that said, let the Church say Amen… and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment