Wednesday, January 23, 2019

The Lord Is On Our Side!

On my side: Supporting someone or being in agreement with them

A songwriter once said, "if it had not been for the Lord on my side, tell me where would I be?" Friends, I for one can tell you that I would be like a ship tossed to and fro - with no direction, no plan or purpose - just being tossed to and fro. On the other side of that, I can easily say that there's a chance that I could have been six feet under - after all, I am a two-time cancer survivor. But Praise God, I'm happy to report that it was God who was on my side and that He gave me the victory!

If we were to ask Joshua, he would surely tell us that the Lord was on his side. The Lord blessed Joshua and the children of Israel to defeat Jericho, simply by walking around the city once a day for six days. On the seventh day, the Lord told them to walk around the city seven times, "...and the Priest shall blow with the trumpets... and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout and the wall of the city shall fall down flat. (Joshua 6:4-5) And don't you know that the wall fell down flat. Why? Because, they had the Lord on their side! What's so awesome about that is before they did anything, the Lord told Joshua that the King and all it's mighty warriors were already defeated.

Don't believe Joshua? Take David for instance,  When David was about to fight Goliath, the word said, "And the Philistine said to David come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beast of the field. Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied." (1 Samuel 17:44-50) The word said that David hasted and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine. David was not afraid, because he knew that the Lord was on his side - and thus, David prevailed over Goliath with a sling and with a stone.

Need one more? Here's a quick one - there was a King by the name of Balak of Moab who started a war against Israel, and he paid Balaam (a prophet of God) to curse God's people. Instead, God made Balaam bless them. Why? Because the Lord was on their side!

My friends, just as he did it for Joshua, David, the Children of Israel and countless others, He will do the same for us. He is the same today, yesterday, and tomorrow. We must worship the Lord and the Lord alone and He will be on our side. Don't worry about your giants, or your situations, just love, trust, and believe in God.

With all that said, let the Church say Amen... and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment