Wednesday, November 29, 2017

What Can Separate Us From The Love Of God?

Separate: divide, become parted from, disconnected
Love: warm affection, delight in, admire passionately

What can separate us from the love of God? Nothing - absolutely nothing!

There is no place we can go and no place that we can hide that can divide or disconnect us from the warm affection of our God (isn't that awesome?!). Psalms 139:7-12 (NLT) tells us, “I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night - but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.” You see, my friends, NOTHING can separate us from the love of God.

Roman 8:35 says; “Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation (misery, trouble, affliction), or distress (severe trouble, mental pain), or persecution (oppress because of religion), or famine (very hungry), nakedness (exposure), or peril (danger; exposure to injury), or sword (weapon with long blade for cutting). Verse 37 says; “Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us” or plainly put, the love of God is in all those things, in fact, if these things were to happen to us, we should trust and believe that God has ordained it and that He's in ALL of it.

If we could ask Jonah, I feel pretty confident that he would tell us that even when he was in the belly of hell, the love of God was there. When the three Hebrew boys were in the fiery furnace, the love of God was there and protected them in a mighty way. I heard the testimony of the miracle man, who told of how he laid face down in a fire for 17 minutes, and all he could do was pray. God was there, when the fire department found him, he had been moved out to safety. Truly, the love of God is everywhere.

This is too glorious, too wonderful to believe, but it's true! Nothing can separate us from the love of God... NOTHING!

With all that said, let the Church say Amen and... AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment