Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Wait, I Say On The Lord!

Wait: to stay in place, in expectation of

We are in this microwave generation where we want things to happen right now, some of us live our life in a hurry, because we want what we want right now. The word says in Psalms 27:14. "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say on the Lord." The Lord is all knowing, all seeing, and everywhere all at the same time, so if we would just learn to wait, He has us right in the palm of His hand and He has every situation in control.    

For instance, if we’ve asked the Lord for a mate, then we don't need to run out there and try to find one. We just need to wait patiently on the Lord. We have to take on the nature of Isaac. He was so confident in the Lord that he went out and meditated on exactly what kind of wife he wanted. The servant of Abraham went into the country where Abraham’s kindred were to find Isaac a wife. Isaac had learned how to wait and had total confidence in the Lord. Abraham’s servant laid out a fleece before the Lord. He said, when the virgin cometh forth to draw water, I will say to her "give me I pray thee, a little water of thy pitcher to drink" and she say to me, both drink thou, and I will also draw for thy camels: let the same be the woman who the Lord hath appointed out for my master’s son. And before I had done speaking in my heart: behold, Rebekah came forth with her pitcher on her shoulder: and she went down into the well and drew water: And I said unto her, let me draw, I pray thee. And she made haste and let down her pitcher from her shoulder, and said, drink and I will give thy camels drink also: so I drank, and she made the camels drink also" (Genesis 24:43-46).

Can you see how good it is to simply wait on the Lord? The Lord loves us, He wants us to be of good faith, good courage and to wait in expectation on Him. I can assure you that if you will do that, then He won't let you down. He knows how to answer our prayers - we don't even have to lift a hand - we just have to meditate on what we want and He will bring it to us, just as he did for Issac!

With all that said, let the Church say Amen... and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment