Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Our God Is An Awesome God!

Bragging: To assert or talk boastfully

Today I would like to brag on the Lord - you guys know how we often brag on our children, our possessions, our spouses and even our jobs. Today let's spend some time bragging on the One who does every thing; the One who gives us not only what we need, but also the very desires of our hearts! Let's put the spotlight on our Awesome, our Great, our Merciful, and our Almighty God - the One that was, the One that is, and the One that will always be!

Now check this out - Our God is so great; He created the light and He is the light. He is the author and He is the finisher (i.e. man started nothing and man can’t actually finish anything either). He is the cause and He is the effect. He is the cash and He is the cash register! He is the alpha and the omega (He always has been and He always will be). Our heavenly Father is the perfect father. He is our great provider and He is our great protector. To make a long story short - He is EVERYTHING we need!

Our God raises the dead; He opens the eyes of the blind; and He made the lame walk. He heals the sick. He is great and He is powerful. Our God is so powerful that when He grew weary of all of Job's complaining, He put him in his place by asking: "Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare, if thou hast understanding" (Job 38:4). In other words, where were you, little man, when I was creating the foundation of the earth?! He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords; He is the Master and Owner of everything. He’s wonderful and totally bad (in a good way, of course)!

Our God is so bad that He told Moses, "Come now therefore, and I will send thee unto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt. And Moses said unto God, Who am I, that I should go unto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt? And he said, Certainly I will be with thee; and this shall be a token unto thee, that I have sent thee: When thou hast brought forth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serve God upon this mountain. And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you" (Exodus 3:10-14). Our Lord didn’t say I was; He didn’t say I will be, He said I AM - present tense. In other words, when He said I AM, that means He is whatever and wherever He wants to be - back then with Moses and right now here with us!

Our God is mighty - He can open doors that were once sealed shut. Those things that are impossible for us are just everyday occurrences for Him. His awesomeness is worthy to be bragged on, so my friends, let's start bragging on His excellent goodness! Brag on His awesome miracle working power.  He is excellent; His name is excellent in all the earth and He can do everything - but fail!

With all that said, let the church say amen... and AMEN!     

No comments:

Post a Comment