Wednesday, August 9, 2017

God Is The Same On The Mountain Top As He Is In The Valley!!

Valley - Broad depression
Mountain - a high place

We often wonder where the Lord is when we are going through our valley experiences. Have you ever asked yourself why He hasn't intervened in a situation you are going through? After all doesn't He see how people are treating me and you? Doesn't He hear every single word people are saying about us? Sometimes it seems as if He's so far away, but the truth of the matter is, He's in the same place that He is when we are on the mountain top as He is when we are in the valley. We never stop and think about where He might be when things are working in our favor. But I'm here to tell you that He's the same today, yesterday and forever.

Take Job for example, when he first started going through his valley experience. At first, things were simply happening to people around him and to his material possessions. Through those things, he was able to remain pretty positive - "...Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord" (Job 1:21).

BUT when Job was personally touched, his attitude changed tremendously! Job 23:1-4 finds Job looking for God: "Even to day is my complaint bitter... Oh that I knew where I might find him! That I might come even to his seat! I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments." In other words, Job wanted to argue with the Lord about his situation - just as we do today! When sickness attacks our bodies; our children go haywire; our finances come to an all time low; and/or we experience the loss of a job - we murmur and complain, just as Job did. However, I assure you that God was/is in the same place then as He is/was when we are on the mountain top!

I'm using Job as an example, but really we can look at our own lives. Who among us hasn't had situations where we wondered where the Lord was? If you haven't - KEEP LIVING! Let me share with you - God is real and very much alive. And I'm pleased to tell you that He's the same whether we are in the valley or on the mountain top! We must remember that God is going to test our faith. He's not going to change - so let's not allow our situations to change us. Keep being thankful, keep praising Him and I guarantee that He will allow you to feel His presence, regardless of whether you are on the mountain top or in the valley!

With all said, let the church say Amen... and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment