Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Thank God for His Favor!

Favor: Grace, delight, as act of kindness.

I thank the Lord for favor and His wonderful acts of kindness.... some say favor ain't fair, that’s because they don’t see what we are doing in private - they don’t see our prayer time, our worship, and our thanksgiving to the Lord for who He is and what He is to us. Instead, what they are responding to is what they see outwardly - us being blessed.

It's imperative that we delight in Him, and that we spend time in His presence. Of course, our mind set should not be that we are giving time simply to get what we want. Our mind set should always be that we do the things we do because of the love we have for Him; and because of what He’s done for us. When the Lord sees us delighting in Him, He’s faithful to do as His Word says.

Romans 13:8 tell us to "Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law." He’s too merciful; too holy; too awesome; to allow us to do all the giving.  I thank the Lord today, because He didn't have to wake me up this morning. He didn't have to give me another opportunity to praise His name - but He did! It was an act of kindness, which is favorHe wants to treat us with generosity and goodwill far beyond what our little minds can ever comprehend!

Take me for example - Several years back, I wanted an Cadillac Escalade. My family laughed at me and wouldn't even go to the car lot with me to look at one. You see, at the time, I was working a job making $15.00 an hour, so they didn't believe that I could afford to pay for one. Later, I started working for a lady that owned an Escalade and about six years ago she became ill. Would you believe that once she lost the desire to drive, she gave that Escalade to me... even though she has three sons of her own?? Now that's favor!

My friend needed a financial blessing - specifically she needed $1000. Instead of stressing herself out, she laid out before the Lord in prayer. She needed the money that same day. After praying and praising she went back upstairs, and when she walked by her husband, he told her, "I’m going to put a $1000 in your account today." She never asked him for the money (some of you ladies out there might know why). Now that's favor!

His acts of kindness, His grace, and His delight doesn’t just stop with us. Deuteronomy 5:29 says, "O that there were such an heart in them, that they would fear me, and keep all my commandments always, that it might be well with them, and with their children for ever!" You realize that means that The Lord will show our children favor as well! Try and tell me that He's not an awesome God!

Many years ago, my son ran off the road and hit a steel pole head on - on the driver's side. Needless to say, the car was completely totaled...but my son walked away without a scratch! I know they say that Volvos are the safest cars on the market... but we all know that it wasn't that Volvo that kept him safe. Now that's favor!

With that said, let the church say amen... and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment