Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Whose Report Will You Believe?

Report - a summary

Have you ever been going through a personal situation and it seems like EVERYONE has an opinion about it... and they want to share it with you like it's the gospel? Then you go on the internet and you read this, that and the other about what you're going through and what it's going to be like. Something like this happened to me recently and would you believe that I had begun to buy into those reports? I read about all the pain that was associated with what I was about to go through and how miserable people were afterwards and I started to expect that I would feel just like what I had heard and what I had read. My friends, I'm glad to report that when it came time for my surgery, the Lord blessed me tremendously - I came through it with zero pain! I allowed myself to get all work up over something that had never happened and did not happen.

I thought about the scripture in Isaiah that says, whose report will you believe? It was then that I went to the word of God and wrote down some of His promises, like Psalms 103:3, "Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy disease." When we sin, He will forgive us. If we are sick in our body, He will heal us. Now whose report will you believe? If you get a bad report from the doctor - take it to the healer! Whatever you are in need of - take it to Jesus, quote back to Him what He said in His report.

Consider the children of Israel - they saw God make a highway in the midst of the Red Sea among many other miracles. Jesus was ready to give them a land flowing with milk and honey, but some heard a different report. Moses sent out twelve men to search the land of Canaan and to bring back some of the fruit and upon their return, they said, the land is surely flowing with milk and honey, nevertheless the people are too strong for us, we saw giants and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers. That's what ten of the men said. Two of them said let us go up at once, and possess it; for we are well able to overcome it. Caleb told them their defense is departed from them, and the Lord is with us: fear them not.

We often get so caught up in what we think are big things that we forget to look back on the things that God has already done for us. Ten of those men saw giants, and failed to see the almighty God in the midst of the situation. They failed to believe His report that reminds us," I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13). Trust me when I tell you that the majority are not always right. Believing the right report may not always be popular, but the promises of God are always true! We must choose to believe the report of the Lord!

With all that said, let the Church say Amen... and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment