Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Many Thanks to Both Fathers!

As we all know, this Sunday will be Father's day, so as we approach this special day, I want to give honor and many thanks to my Spiritual Father as well as my Natural Father - without the two of them there would be no me (and in the case of our Spiritual Father, no us).

To my Spiritual Father, I must say "THANK YOU!" Your Word tells us that You neither slumber nor sleep and You are always with us, to be our provider, our healer, to be our banner and to give us peace. Thank you Heavenly Father for being our shepherd, our righteousness and for being a Father who cares and a Father who's always there, and ultimately for dying for us. Thank you Father, for teaching me to love and to always give thanks!

To my Natural Father, I have to say, "THANK YOU!" Thank you Dad, for working long, hard hours to provide for us. Despite what it might have seemed back in the day, it did not go unnoticed that you worked many days with an aching hip, to make sure that food was always on the table and that we always had clothes on our backs and shoes on our feet. Thank you Dad, for the stern looks that always put us back in our place! Thank you Dad, for teaching us that our word is our bond and that a little hard work never hurt anybody. Thanks Dad for showing us love. We are truly blessed to still have you in our lives. Thank you once again for being our support and a great source of strength.

I can't express my love and appreciation enough to either of you, so I simply say to the both of you, "Happy Father Day!"

With all that said, let the Church say Amen... and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment