Wednesday, October 14, 2015

God's Protection Covenant! (Part Three)

Today, we will conclude our study on God's Protection Covenant from Psalms 91. There are some awesome promises in here and fortunately for us, God is committed to them all!
11-12.  For He shall give His Angels (messengers) charge (a special assignment from God) over thee, to keep (to preserve) thee in all thy ways. They (the Angels) shall bear thee up in their hands; lest (for fear) thou dash (destroy) thy foot against a stone. In these two verses, God makes an additional promise of protection. At some point in our lives we all can recall a close call in which we escaped a tragedy, where there is no explanation in the natural. The spiritual explanation was that God's Angels were standing guard over God's children. It is so awesome to me that God would give His Angels a special assignment to protect me and you and to hold us in the palm of his hand and not allow us to so much as dash our foot against a stone!
13.  Thou shalt tread (walk) upon the lion (devil) and adder (serpent) the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample (injure or destroy) under feet. As Christians, we have been given the authority over the enemy; he does not have authority over us. Luke 10:19 says, "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." What awesome coverage we are provided under God Protection Covenant!
14-16.  In he remaining three verses, God is speaking directly to us. In these three verses, He gives seven promises. When we set our hearts, minds, and love on God, these promises comes into effect. Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
I believe that Psalms 91 is a covenant - a spiritual agreement that God has made available to His children. In these difficult times we are living in - we truly need it. May the Lord bless each of you!

With all that said, let the Church say Amen… and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment