Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Two Best Dads

It's so easy to pick up the phone and say all kinds of sweet things to Moms, but it's also important to do the same with our Dads. You know, everybody enjoys hearing nice words like "I love you," and "I appreciate all the wonderful things you did and are still doing for me." Those words are precious to a Dad, just as they are to a Mom. I’m sure all the Dads out there wouldn’t mind hearing, "thank you for working long hours to provide for me," "thank you for making sure there was food  on the table and clothes on our backs." There would be no you or me without a Dad.

Just as it is in the natural, so it is in the spiritual. Let us not forget about our Heavenly Father - the one who was, is, and always will be - without Him there would truly be no you or no me! With all that said, I will leave you with a poem from our resident poet, Ms. Shonta Alexander.

The Two Best Dads
Happy Father's Day to the men I love
My earthly father and my Father above
The best two dads I've ever had
Handed down from the other, I'm so glad
Blessed is how I feel to have you in my life
Because of you I've grown to be a virtuous wife
I've learned to give thanks in all of my prayers
I've learned to hand over all of my cares
I've learned the Word of God from both of you
I've studied for myself because you told me to
You've instilled so much when things got tough
Can't express my love and appreciation enough
So HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to my two dad's
The best two dads I've ever had!
With all that said, let the Church say Amen... and AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment